Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Baby number two. Week 22.

Baby number two, the youngest is already being left out. Here I had this great diary of my first pregnancy and I have no record of this one.

Lets start back in January. We found out the day before we were going to Hawaii that I was pregnant. Pretty exciting for us as we just started to try. I never thought it would happen that fast. I made my first doctors appointment while we were in Hawaii and they scheduled me an ultrasound for 9 weeks. So I saw the heartbeat really early and was excited to know that things were going well. About a month later I became tired and sick. Very hard when you have a little one to watch after. That lasted for about a month and a half. Then one day I woke up and had all kinds of energy to get the back yard done. During the height of the sickness I went in for another ultrasound (14 weeks) for genetic testing. Things came back great with even better results than we had with Nathan. It also came back that baby number 2 is probably a boy. I had another ultrasound at 20 weeks and yes it was a boy and he was growing right on target with Nathan. At 21 weeks (last week) I had another monthly doctors visit and everything is great but I might need a c-section due to complications with Nathan's birth. His shoulder got stuck, this happen is less than 1% of vaginal births. So we are waiting until 36 week ultrasound to make the call on if we are going to do a c-section. I don't want one. The recovery for me sound really bad but on the flip side it is more risky for baby to deliver normal.

As far as cravings... anything sweet. Pastry has been my number one go to food and the weight is packing on with this one. I am up 15lbs already. Where with Nathan I probably was only up 7 lbs at this point.

Well that is baby #2 in a nut shell. We are very excited to meet him and have lots to do to get ready. We need to clean the office so the spare bed can be moved, then we need to sell lots of junk that is in the spare room and we need to move most of books to under the house. Lets hope for a sleeper!

No comments: