Tuesday, February 13, 2007

BC Project

Well the BC project is well on its way. BC, Baby Cooley, is a name given to the baby by my teammate who seems to be very excited about this pregnancy. So I am working hard on this BC project. - 15 weeks 3 days or 172 days left until my due date. Oh my.

I had a checkup today. Heartbeat is good, sounds like this. Blood pressure is good, urine is good, and my weight is up 2 lbs from my first visit 5 weeks ago. I did learn some interesting things today. My blood type is A negative. I guess this negative can be a problem if the baby ends up with a positive blood type. So I might get a shot of Rho (D) immune globulin (RhoGAM) after the baby is born or/and if I have any bleeding during my pregnancy. Doesn’t seem like a big deal just something I need to be aware of. I have another appointment in 4 or 5 weeks where we will do an ultrasound and maybe find out the sex of the baby. I think it will be a boy but I could be wrong.

On another note my mom broke her pelvis bone and is having a hard time with pain and moving. She can hardly move. Paul and I are bringing dinner over to my parent’s house tonight. I am hoping I can trade help for her recovery now for help with the baby when it comes.

2 comments:

J+K said...

Of course you know I'm thrilled for you both and glad to hear that you are doing well. "BC" is a fabulous start for your babe.

Incidently, do you know what Rh type Paul is? That will tell you your risk factor for developing a "+" babe.

Love you both
Kirstin

Paul Cooley said...

It turns out I (Paul) doesn't know his blood type. That isn't any good, I need to go give blood to find out.